Wednesday, April 30, 2008

RESPECT? How u define RESPECT?

Was sharing with sis on how my mil taught sil to explain to her mil on certain matters….I was like quite puzzled to think that y sil have to explain in details to her mil on personal issue…to me, as long as sil give in to her mil’s reasonable requests and she done her part can already wat….Y have to explain….as my mil was saying, its just RESPECT? I told her that sil need not explain so many things in details and y she so worried that mil not happy? I then tell mil my views…my sis say sil is respectful while I’m rather disrespectful cos I talked back to mil....I reasoned with mil is call disrespectful…sil explained in details to her mil cos worried that mil is not happy is call respect? Really want to define RESPECT? Asked around frds and colleagues what is respect to mil? Answers: Give her more money? Stay with her? Listen to her? Not to talk back to mil irregardless whether she make sense anot? Ohhh…..so now I know how to be a respectful dil already…..I will try to give her more allowance, already staying with pil, I do listen to her, but hard to keep my mouth shut when she say things I dun agree to…will try to be super respectful….BUT how many dil can be like me? Haa….I wonder?

Extension extension...quoted from my sis's words
"Treating others as you would like to be treated" irregardless whether we are in the role of a mother, a sister, daughter-in-law, daughter, wife or a friend.
VERY TRUE...I always like to be frank to ppl I care (PIL, family and frds) and hope that ppl I care will be frank to me, I respect u then I share my tots with you without forcing u to agree with me, but I dun agree that becos I'm worried that u're not happy then have to make the extra effort to explain to u..Both are diff ways of respecting, I guess...Guess for some may say that I always say things without thinking and may end up hurting ppl...I rather be like that rather than ppl act respectful to me but think otherwise....this I will say it IS DISRESPECT...

No comments: